Monday 12 July 2010

Fuel Consumption

I have now had the bike for a little over two weeks and driven 365 miles. In this time I have filled up three times and I have made a note of the mileage and petrol filled each time. I try and fill up the tank each time, but these figures should be taken with a pinch of salt as my consistency may vary. With regards to traffic situation, most of the riding has been done on 60 and 70 mph roads and I have tried to stick to the speed limits as far as possible. The average mileage up to now is 52 mpg. I had 90 mpg on the CG125, and while there is no way this bike will come near that, I am hoping that it improves with time...

19/7/2010
The bike has now done 511 miles and the average for the past 503 miles is 55 mpg. So things are looking up! I also noticed that the tyre pressures were low (front 31psi and rear 36 psi). The reading should be front: 36psi and rear 42psi. I have now topped it up so lets see if I notice a difference to the next fill. Incidently, and I guess as expected, the ride is a bit harsher now.

12/8/2010
Since the first service there has been a definite improvement in the fuel consumption. I am now at 1037 miles and have filled up three times since the first service and the fuel consumption has on all three ocassions been better than 59 mpg. The long term average now stands at 58mpg. I checked tyres pressures today for the first time since the first service. The rear pressure was OK at 39.5 psi but the front was worringly at only 31.5 psi. I filled both up to the correct pressures and a notice a change in handling for the better, and will just have to be more diligent in checking and keeping the pressures up. I have also updated the graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment